Seriously Addictive English (S.A.E) is based on UK’s leading after-school English program. It uses a structured phonics approach and an integrated literacy skills curriculum to help children read fluently and write confidently.
OVERVIEW OF 6 PHONIC PHASES
1. Oral blending and segmenting using images and early letter recognition
2. 9 most common single letter sounds and some digraphs
3. 7 remaining single letter sounds, digraphs and some trigraphs
4. Digraphs, trigraphs, adjacent consonants and common spelling patterns
5. Digraphs, adjacent consonants, silent letters and split digraphs
6. Prefixes, suffixes, past tense, high frequency words and spelling rules
S.A.E worksheets are carefully structured to systematically develop reading and writing skills through a variety of activities and text types. Key areas are learned in gradual steps to ensure understanding and revised at increasing complexity.
Through guided practice in class and independent practice at home, children develop strong literacy skills, self-discipline and good study habits.