Seriously Addictive Mathematics is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The NPPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au
What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information we collect include names, addresses, email addresses, phone and facsimile numbers.
This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including [interviews, correspondence, by telephone and facsimile, by email, via our website www.yourbusinessname.com.au, from your website, from media and publications, from other publicly available sources, from cookies- delete all that aren’t applicable] and from third parties. We don’t guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our clients and marketing. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing.
When we collect Personal Information, we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record, or health information.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
• For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
• For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
• With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
• Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
• Where required or authorised by law.
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
Seriously Addictive Mathematics will not charge any fee for your access request but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information, we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
1300 726 449
Terms and Conditions of Enrolment
- Courses at SAM are organised into 4 terms of 12 weeks each, to closely coincide with school terms. Students attend one lesson per week and could join one optional study/homework session per week during the 10 weeks of school term (depending on availability). During the 2 weeks of school holidays students are encouraged to continue with home practice and have the option to take home revision or assessment workbooks, which are included in the fees.
- Enrolment is ongoing and can only be cancelled at the end of a term, and one calendar month written notice is required.
- A non-refundable registration fee will be charged upon registration. Should a student withdraw from SAM and subsequently re-enrol again, the registration fee is chargeable at re-registration.
- Course Fees:
- Course Fees are payable per term (10 weeks of lessons + 2 weeks of revision books)
- Payment is due 2 weeks before the start of each term.
- Students who enrol for a course before the last month of the term shall pay a pro-rated fee till the end of the term.
- Students who enrol for a course after the last month of the term shall pay a pro-rated fee till the end of the term including the fees for the next term.
- Fee Schedule available on request.
- Term fees are due in full 14 days prior to the start of the term.
- A reminder or invoice and confirmation of continuing enrolment will be sent to parents at least 7 days prior to the due date of course fees.
- Payment options for term payments:
- Direct deposit – Bank details will be provided by the centre
- Cash or EFTPOS at the centre
- Instalment options (Individualised lessons only):
- The centre might offer instalment options.
- Instalment payments are only accepted as structured payments offered via a third-party provider.
- Application and Terms and conditions for instalment options are available on sign-up.
- Fees, charges and deposits paid are not refundable and not transferable under any circumstances.
- Training is planned a month in advance, and as such if fees are not received by due date, there will be no preparation made for that student, and the lesson time could be forfeited and offered to another student.
- Missed lessons:
We encourage students to attend their lesson each week, to ensure continuous practice. However, in the event of illness or family travel, we offer two options:
- Collecting Worksheets:
- Parents may arrange to collect the materials for the particular lesson on behalf of their child from the centre, or the student will receive the materials for that particular lesson from their trainer the following week,
- Parents should inform SAM of travel plans 2 weeks before their departure, to ensure that we prepare the workbooks in advance.
- Make up Lessons:
- will only be added to your account if you cancel before the lesson has started,
- are valid until the end of the term and can be used in our school holiday sessions or programs,
- can only be used in a month where your normal fees are paid,
- cannot be applied as credit towards another month’s fees,
- will be forfeited, if a booked make-up lesson is not attended.
- SAM fees are not paid for regular scheduled centre closures during school holidays as published on our website, and as such there will be no replacement classes, worksheets or refund of fees for these periods.
- There will be no replacement classes or refund of fees if the centre is closed due to SARS, HFMD, COVID or other communicable diseases. Suspension of classes may be at the discretion of SAM or under the direction of the health authorities.
- SAM shall not be held responsible for any loss of or damage to students’ belongings. No liability shall also be incurred for mishaps that occurred on SAM premises.
- Parents and students undertake not to make copies of or allow copies to be made of notes and worksheets given to students and/or used during lessons.
- Each student is given one set of materials. Loss of materials cannot be replaced.
- To facilitate a quiet and conducive learning environment, parents or guardians are advised to refrain from entering or remaining in SAM training rooms while lessons are in progress.
- Parents and students shall inform SAM of any changes in the student’s particulars, such as change in address and contact numbers.
- Students should be properly attired for classes.
- Students should arrive on time, and be collected by parents, at the class, as soon as the lesson is finished.
- SAM reserves the right to use the student’s image, class work, academic achievements and testimonials in newspapers, brochures and other promotional tools. By signing the parent agrees to have the student’s photo/image taken and used in published, or online marketing campaigns.
- SAM reserves the right to make any amendments to the above terms and conditions without prior notice.
Terms and Conditions for Programs, Camps and Events
By enrolling or registering for a S.A.M event, program or camp, Parents / Guardians accept and agree to the following:
- Payment in full is required prior to the commencement of any Seriously Addictive Mathematics (S.A.M) school holiday program.
- Registration form to be completed, signed and submitted by Parents / Guardians prior to the commencement of the first program.
- Places at school holiday programs are limited and numbers are capped.
- If a student continues to misbehave after behaviour guidance procedures have been followed, the parent / guardian will be notified by S.A.M staff and may be required to collect their child/ren. The parent / guardian agree to immediately make arrangements to collect their child/ren from the S.A.M program. S.A.M may cancel the child/ren’s enrolment without refund or credit.
- S.A.M reserves the right to use any photographs, digital images or film taken at lessons, programs or events for the purposes of advertising, publicity, marketing or promotion. Unless written advice is received by S.A.M indicating that participants (or by Parent / Guardians) do not wish to appear in such material S.A.M may use this material as described.
- S.A.M School Holiday Programs are non-transferable. They cannot be transferred to any other person or S.A.M program (e.g. S.A.M lessons, etc.).
- S.A.M has the right to cancel or postpone any advertised session times or programs for any reason whatsoever.
- Group structure, age groups and session times/dates are subject to change. Any changes made are at the discretion of S.A.M.
- S.A.M does not accept any liability for personal injury, property damage or loss sustained by any participant as a result of his or her participation in a S.A.M program due to any cause whatsoever.
- Regarding ‘child supervision’ – S.A.M’s obligation and responsibility is to arrive on time and no later than the ‘advertised start time’ to set-up and commence program. S.A.M will not leave until at least the ‘advertised finished time’. Thereafter it becomes parents’/guardians’ responsibility to ensure their children are picked up or alternate arrangements made. If parents/guardians are running late to pick up their children they should contact S.A.M immediately. If children are not picked up on time charges will apply at a rate of $10.00 for every 15 minutes late.
- WHAT TO BRING: Water bottle, healthy snacks and lunch. Due to the high incidence of allergies, please refrain from including any nuts or nut related products in your child or children’s snacks.
- CANCELLATION / REFUND / CREDIT POLICY: S.A.M does not offer any refunds or credits with its programs, camps and events.
- I agree to enroll my child/ren with S.A.M to provide services and activities for my child/ren. I declare that the information I have provided on the enrolment form is true and correct and I have completed the enrolment form to the best of my knowledge regarding all aspects of my child/ren including any medical conditions and allergies. I agree to immediately notify S.A.M by updating my details and enrolment online if any of the information on my enrolment form changes in the future.
- I confirm that I have the lawful authority and capacity as the child/ren’s legal parent or guardian to enroll my child/ren with S.A.M. I will immediately notify and provide a copy to S.A.M, of any order a court makes for the custody and care of the child/ren I have enrolled with S.A.M.
- I acknowledge that S.A.M operates at the venue stated in the enrolment form or in the event of a change, as per written notice.
- I give permission and consent for my child/ren to leave the venue where advised by S.A.M staff or in the case of a medical emergency.
- I understand that my child/ren will be under the direction and control of S.A.M staff, who will follow S.A.M’s policies and procedures (including behaviour guidance procedures if required).
- I authorize staff to apply sunscreen to my child/ren when required, unless I have notified S.A.M on the enrolment form that I will supply my own sunscreen (which I undertake to ensure is always supplied) and my supplied sunscreen will be applied to my child/ren.
- I acknowledge that my child/ren may not be able to participate in outdoor activities unless I provide and they wear a hat.
- I take full responsibility for my child/ren’s belongings while they are at the S.A.M.
- I acknowledge that S.A.M will not accept my child/ren at the S.A.M program if my child/ren is suffering from an infectious or contagious disease or in the opinion of S.A.M staff is too unwell to attend the S.A.M program. I agree to immediately make arrangements and collect my child/ren from the venue if requested by S.A.M staff. I agree that I will not bring my child/ren back to the S.A.M program until 24 hours after the illness or disease has passed (or until I have produced a medical certificate if requested by S.A.M staff).
- I acknowledge and understand that S.A.M and its staff do not take responsibility for and will not supervise my child/ren:
- before they have been signed into the S.A.M program, by a parent/guardian; or
- after they have been signed out of the S.A.M program by a parent/guardian.
- I give permission for and consent to my child/ren being given basic first aid treatment in the event of an accident, incident or illness. I agree to collect my child/ren if an S.A.M staff member requests due to an accident, illness or if he/she becomes unwell at the S.A.M program. I give permission for S.A.M staff to seek and arrange medical or emergency medical treatment if my child/ren requires it from a medical practitioner, hospital or ambulance service. I consent to S.A.M and its staff releasing my child/ren into the care of a medical practitioner, ambulance service representative, hospital or other medical personnel as deemed necessary. I agree to cover the cost and expense of any medical treatment and authorize S.A.M to deduct as a fee any amounts paid by S.A.M, by way of reimbursement.
- I agree and acknowledge that S.A.M does not accept any liability for personal injury, property damage or loss sustained by any child/ren due to them participating in an S.A.M program unless the injury, damage or loss was caused by the proven negligence of S.A.M, its directors or employees, or is otherwise required by law.
- I indemnify S.A.M (including its directors, officers and employees) against any costs, expenses or liability incurred as a result of any damage or injury caused by my child/ren to:
- property at the venue or an excursion location; and
- any other child/ren and S.A.M staff at the S.A.M program.
- I agree to abide by the S.A.M cancellation procedures and will inform S.A.M staff at the venue, of any absence of my child/ren. I will be charged for the session in accordance with the cancellation policy or if I do not follow the cancellation procedures.
- I understand that if my child/ren is not collected from the S.A.M program by the advertised closing time, I will be charged a late fee which is calculated per minute per child and I agree to pay this additional cost.
- I acknowledge that S.A.M may amend and update its policies, regulations or terms and conditions from time to time and the amended document can be viewed online. I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to check the website regularly to ensure that I am familiar with amended policies and procedures. I agree to comply with all amended policies and procedures.
- I have read and agree to comply with:
- all operational policies and procedures which are available at each S.A.M venue;
- the regulations provided to me with the enrolment; and
- all of the terms and conditions referred to above.
- S.A.M reserves the right to make any amendments to the above terms and conditions without prior notice.